Friday, September 12, 2008

The start of it all

I was sitting atop the human called "Jessyca" when I noticed this website. I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I, a simple parakeet, could voice her opinions?" And so, I decided. I escaped from my nest and managed my way up the stairs. Then after a decent number of attempts, I was able to access this website using Jessyca's account. And here I am now!

I realize that you are thinking, "A parakeet is a bird. Birds can not type!" Well, dear reader, this one can. In fact, I can do many a thing that humans believe impossible for a species of my attire. But the point is that I obviously don't want my humans to realize this. I do understand that a blog is shared throughout everyone home, but honestly, will they believe that this is a parakeet speaking? Do you even believe it?

I started this "blog" to have my voice heard! To often and I am yelled at for trying to communicate with my humans! To often are my pleas for attention ignored. But not anymore! Through my posts, I hope that you will realize that a "lower life from" parakeet, has a voice too, though it may only be seen in words.

My posts will simply be an overview of my day. They are not too exciting. My days are normally spent perched on a stick, with occasional conversations with Mickey, the family mutt. But I suppose that you should get an over view of my appearance...

As you have read, I am a parakeet. My feathers are mainly the colors of green and yellow. While the majority of my back, including my tail, is green with a few black and navy blue marking, my stomach and head are a lovely yellow! My feet are a nice pink color, that I do not see on most parakeets. My wings have been clipped, so the only extend to about half of my body, but that is no matter. I can still flutter towards short distances. And that is enough to happily perch myself on one of my human's shoulders. I do enjoy being by them, but to often do they try to lift me away onto a couch, or finger...

Time is getting short, and the human called Justin will shortly be arriving home. So I must go and retreat back to my nest!

With Honest Wishes,

Lily

2 comments:

Phineas Phig said...

Lily-
It is very nice to finally see a fellow animal and pet -besides me- have their own blog. As we really do not have many chances to voice our opinions with the humans. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Keep typing,

-Phineas Phig The Guinea Pig

The Zoo said...

Hello. I'm Nacho da Chinchila. I do da reveiws on da bloger uh dings. I do not likez to be touch so very much. but i will reveiwz your blogs. Please check da "The B Zoo" a.k.a "The Zoo" blogs to see my reveiws on yourz blogs. Untill then peace out!


-Nacho of the B zoo (P.S still no touch meh.)